UniKeep brand products are made of 100% recyclable polypropylene
Standard UniKeeps are manufactured of 100% polypropylene which makes them durable for years of use and re-use. The finished UniKeep product requires approximately 30% fewer resources than products made from other mixed materials.
Since 1988 Univenture has focused on creating products and conducting our business in an environmentally friendly way. The first product we introduced to the market, the patented and award-winning Safety-sleeve, was a 93% reduction in packaging content without compromising the performance or protection to compact disc products. Univenture strives for better, faster, cheaper ways to manufacture and provide the best quality with a lower environmental impact.
Most UniKeep products are utilized for storage and, given the archival and eco-friendly properties of the materials used, can be repurposed should they ever reach the end of their current purpose. At the end of life, they should always be recycled.
Reduce materials and energy
- We switched to LED lighting in our manufacturing and warehouses while also installing motion sensors, so they are only on when someone is in that area. These efforts resulted in an 80% reduction in electricity usage compared to the previous lighting in our facilities.
- The material content of our products is reduced over traditional comparative products by design. Our product design aims to create better products with a focus on fewer materials, longer life, and end-of-life strategies that improve the overall life cycle.
- UniKeep has a 100% polypropylene standard, creating a product that has a long life and can be recycled. As an option, a purchaser could choose metal rings.
- We use our best efforts to reuse pre-consumer packaging materials, chipboard, and boxes where feasible.
- Where practical, we use clean plastic bags provided by vendors to package internally or provide them to associates as can liners.
- Skid protective corner board from incoming materials is reused on outgoing shipments.
- We reuse skids from incoming materials and customer-supplied products.
- We reclaim or recycle thousands of pounds of molding or converting material yearly.
Our manufacturing facilities attempt to recycle as many materials as possible.
Our Operations team recycles:
- End-of-life UniKeep Binders and Wallets received from customers
- Unusable cardboard
- Polypropylene film scrap and all trim material
- Aluminum, steel, and brass as available
We hope you will take all practical efforts to reuse or recycle UniKeep products throughout their life cycle.
CPSIA Raw Material Testing
CPSIA stands for the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008. This act is a broad piece of legislation designed to improve the safety of, among other things, children’s toys and children’s products. This act has set specific upper limits for the amount of lead, lead compounds, and specific phthalates (DeHP, DBP, BBP, DINP, DnOP and DIDP) that a product can contain. UniKeep has test results confirming that our products meet the material requirements of the CPSIA.
Resource list for locating a recycling facility or a compost facility in your area.
Please check with your city manager for your community’s recycling and controlled composting services. Since all communities may not have controlled recycling and composting facilities, we have included the following resources.
- How to find recycling facilities or drop-offs near me
Our products are designed for long-term archival use. However, if your UniKeep products reach their end of life, you may send them to UniKeep for recycling.
16710 Square Drive
Marysville, OH 43040